Naruto Age of the Past
The Traveler IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
The Traveler IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Age of the Past

Join Naruto Age of the Past where you travel back in time before the legendary Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju were even born. This is the forum to go to.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Traveler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eversoris
Academy
Eversoris

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: The Traveler   The Traveler EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:10 am

There was a dead and calming silence in the mist of the lake, both men sitting on opposite ends of the 20x5x10 boat that floated one mile into the eastern Kirigakure sea. Mithrandir’s eyes were unmoving as he held the rod in between his perched knees, his arms dropping above his quads as he squated down, leaning forward in hopes he might gain a better vision of the creatures that called that great body of water their home. As was often the case, he was mentally absent as he and Artemis were two hours in that morning, floating about in the deep mist that was upon the deep morning after morning. He wore only a pair of torn grey shorts, his long black hair tied into a bun as he squatted there, drenched in a combination of mist and sweat. Still as a statue, his mind wondered to who knows where, him only being able to be comforted by fanciful imaginations and incorrect feelings attatched to false events he had to recreate to vill the void of an absent memory. He had not past. Not that he remembered. And as his mind would try and go back, a black wall of lostness would confront him immediately, like a terrifying soldier who confronts a man as he tries to enter into the gates of the city, unarmed.

The young man had amnesia. Or something worse. No childhood nor any recollection of a life before he woke in the home of the poor kirigakure couple who had taken him in as their own for 3 years now. They had no answers either, only the memory of a strange naked man lying upon the shore with no clue of how he got there, nor why he was where he was currently. When he began to work for Artemis in his fishing business, he started to feel a sense of comfort and normalcy amongst the Kirigakure population, that admittedly, was difficult his first six months. He was like a newborn baby yet 25 years old. Unable even to speak english properly, let alone operate as a full grown man. He learned quickly though, and worked very hard, utilizing his strong and large frame to be of great service to Artemis. He could do the job of ten men in half the time. He never grew tired, nor fatigued. And his physical prowess made him an excellent fisherman. He did lack one thing though. And that was not a secret to either of them, that weakness, as he drifted off completely into trance, even as he felt a large tug on his line within the water. Still being quite literally out of his mind, Mithrandir held onto the fishing pole with gradually less pressure. So when the tug that would have ripped off most men’s arm came, it was a miracle that he was able to even hold on as the fish yanked him out of his boat and into the water.

Focus.

That was his weakness. And Artemis, feeling the boat jerk and an accompanying splash on the opposite end of the boat alerted him immediately. Normally, he would suspect that, during Mithrandir’s usual mental absence, he had simply fallen in. However, the noise of the splash was aggressive, and he hurried over to the end of the boat to look over, finding no sign of his son.

There was no sign of him for about thirty seconds, Artemis beginning to become anxious that Mithrandir had fallen asleep and not been awaken by falling into the water. That was another peculiar thing that he tended to do. Fall into moments of deep sleep at virtually any time. And once asleep, he could not be awaken save for when the duration of the imposed sleep was finished. Artemis had always assumed that serious physical harm could break the coma-like sleep that Mithrandir often fell into, but he had never tested it and never anticipated it actually being necessary. And as 45 seconds passed, he began to prepare himself to go into the water after him.

As he grabbed a life vest and turned around, he would see in about a 100 meter distance, an enormous fish, as well as an enormous man attached to the back of it, emerge from the water in torpedo like fashion. He was stunned. The fish was immediately recognized by Artemis as he watched the two sink back into the sea, fighting one another for dominion. It was a great white wale. Among the fisherman of Kirigakure, in the markets, there were lists of rare and expensive fish that one could catch and sell for greater and greater profits. There were also those fish that were said to be legends and myths. Fish that only the fisherman of old had ever seen. Ones that only appeared once a generation. The great white wale was one of them. And arguably the greatest and grandest of them. The old man fell to his knees in amazement, as Mithrandir emerged from the water, riding the wale as it skidded across the water, fighting him for air as he squeezed the life of it. Fame and fortune had never come anywhere close to as near Artemis’s doorsteps as it had this day, the young man, his son, wrestling with a beast that if killed would mean wealth and reverence for the rest of their lives. A humble man, he tried not to think too much about it, startling himself out of his trance and reaching back among his old bag of weapons to find a spear to throw at the fish and aid the young man as he wrestled with the living legend.

Mithrandir was having a blast. The initial splash had woken him up if anything! The wale had taken too large a bite of the fish upon the line he had stretched out, and ended up getting the hook stuck in the upper roof of its mouth, catching as he turned away to swim in the opposite direction. This forceful pull would bring the large man into the sea after it. He would be dragged by the line itself as the fish swam away with incredible speeds in the opposite direction. Using the brute shoulder strength he had gotten from who knows where, Mithrandir had climbed up that line under water to get upon the back of the fish and try to grapple it. To no avail, however. The fish was easily large enough to swallow their entire boat whole. If he had to guess, he would say it was about 200 feet long, and 80 feet wide. An absolute mammoth of a fish, and for the live of him, he could not figure out how its speed was so great, nor how the line had caught it.

Nevertheless he pursued for those thiry seconds, his oxygen depleting at rapid speeds as he began to chuckle under water, his long black hair getting in his eyes as he sped forward atop the fish. To grab hold of it, he had taken to small knives out of his pocket and stabbed the fish near the upper spine, a harder part of its body, therefore sticking greater. In response, the fish grew in aggressiveness and in dynamic movement, eventually managing even to jump out of the water into the sky. And that would be their first, but not last appearance.

He neither realized nor cared about the rarity of the fish, nor the reverence he would gain for bringing it in. He was excited for the challenge, and quite frankly hungry. The fish changed its tactic, after having taken its unwanted visitor into the air several times, to going in the opposite direction. Powerful and intelligent. It now dove into the deep and continued deeper and deeper, Mithrandir realizing it had no intention of coming up again. And though he was a bit air brained from the rush and excitement of it all, the added pressure on his trachea was a sign he did not take lightly. He withdrew the knife that his left arm held onto and began to stab upward, climbing up the back of the fish with these stab wounds. The fish yanked and jerked, the pain of the intrusions slowing its direct and downward speed for the moment. Mithrandir looked back and up over his left shoulder, the light of the sun beaming down even into the dark of the depths, as a spear floated down about forty meters away into the abyss, one clearly thrown by his father. He knew he needed to hurry. The fish yanked down and continued its trek, having stopped only to express its frustration with the traveler upon its back.

Mithrandir, began to express some of his own with the fish. Not only stabbing, but now tearing the flesh he stabbed, and using his brute force to tear through the back of the fish the best he could, it bleeding out greatly into the water as it flailed out wildly. Making a last attempt for escape, the fish hurled itself left to go towards what looked like a small underwater cave, just large enough to fit the massive fish. Mithrandir began to feel the lack of oxygen and geared himself either depart from the fish should it successfully enter into the cavern, or try and jerk its course off and hopefully use a head injury to slow it down to a stop. They picked up speed as he rode the fish racing towards the great hole, and right before reaching it, he would yank his knives into already open wounds and jerk the body of the fish to the left, its head plunging towards the outer rim of the whole leading into the cave. A loud, deep thud was heard, even under water, as the fish breathed its last, internal bleeding being its downfall as it slowed down and floated off and down to the left. Mithrandir propelled himself off the fish quickly and swam upwards, them being at least 150 meters deep. Reaching the surface, he caught his breath before screaming to his father in the distance.

“Father! I have seized the fish! The fish is dead! Bring the boat!”

He huffed and puffed in between breaths, though for some reason his body not being as desperate for air as he psychologically thought it should be. He did not know how long he had been underwater, but come to think of it, he did not actually feel tired or that he was lacking air. Paying no mind to this, he plunged back into the deep again, searching for the great fish that sunk deeper into the sea.

The shore

Artemis took the boat and would reach the shore in about thirty minutes, rowing with all his might. He, being an older man, knew he would be of no help to his son, and therefore decided to help in the other ways he knew he could. He would reach the shore fifteen minutes faster than normal, and immediately begin unloading the boat at the dock, and alerting all fishermen and sea personel to aid him in bringing in the fish his son would be coming in with. When asked what kind of fish, he would say with great excitement that it was the Great White Whale of old. That his son had found it and was bringing it in.

His friends laughed, mocked and sighed in response.

“Arty, I think you and Kenta have been spending too much time out there in them mist! What did I tell you about those long voyages too early in the mornin?”

The fish was a legend after all. Therefore half or more of the population did not even believe in its existence. It was like telling someone you’d caught the loch ness monster. Furthermore, he had not calculated that claiming a single human being could bring in a fish like that from the sea was a physical impossibility. No human being could pull that off. That was the job of a hundred men and fifteen boats easily. He sat there, therefore, waiting at the shore with equipment to dissect the fish, by himself. His friends going back to cleaning their boats and unloading as he awaited, staring in at the sunrise in the distance patiently.

Mithrandir had taken his original line and tied it around a wound he would make at the back of the fish’s neck. Grabbing the other end of the line, he would attach that to another knife which he would hold in his hand. From there he would drag the fish. Yes, physically drag it, as he swam yonder. It would take him nearly an hour, Artemis suffering more and more mock as well as anxiety as time went on. However eventually, as a few friends came over to sarcastically comfort the calm and serene fisherman, a large man would leap out of the water, slowly walking from the medium end, to the shallow end, and then to shore. A bloody knife in his left hand as he trudged forward, nearly collapsing upon the sand. His hair wet and messy, his muscles bulging and moist, he would proceed to run forward upon the sand, slowly, and drag behind him a large mass that was undefinable until it too reached the sand. All fisherman gathered in silence as they watched Mithrandir perform what was a physical feat as impressive as putting a building on one’s back. He grunted as he tugged forward, people on both sides of him for several yards, the crowd watching as the fish emerged, dead and swollen from the water. Once its entire body was out, Mithrandir crashed on the sand.
Back to top Go down
Eversoris
Academy
Eversoris

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Fishmania   The Traveler EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:13 am

He awoke, as he so often did, with Kora at his side, a bowl of hot soup in her hands as he lay in his small room on his small bed.

“Where is father?”

He asked in a deep, tired voice, sipping his soup as his mother gave it to him near his bed.

“Doing his best to keep the fish quarantined from the public and make sure he maintaines his rights to it. You pulled quite a crowd with that excavation.”

Mithrandir nodded with tired eyes as his mother rubbed his forehead. He began to get up out of the bed, though she resisted him at first. Standing erect, his body feeling no soreness strangely, he began to walk towards the door naked, grabbing kacki shorts and a blue shirt as he walked out the door. It was like all fishermen to be quite… loose, with clothing.

He headed towards the town square, where the small community he lived in frequently gathered for announcements. There were old stores all around, and inside a circle fo them there was a stage and a place for people to stand and listen. There, a community officer spoke, as a large crowd all around the stage stood and listened, Mithrandir at the back right end, about 45 degrees from the man, and about 90 feet.

“An announcement is made this day, for a great thing has happened upon our small island. The great white whale of lore, has been caught and captured by Artemis Seikatsu this morning! The fish has not been seen in over three centuries! A few officers now, are on there way to the board of admissions office in main Kirigakure to consult and see what the estimated price of the fish will be. However… it is estimated to be north of 100,000,000 ryo!”

The crowd erupted, Mithrandir clapped slowly with a slight smile upon his face, though a bit unsure of what the catch of this would be.

“For now, the body of the fish will be kept in containment, until the rights of it, which belong to Seikatsu Artemis, are fully signed and decided. Surgery, excavation, and selling of parts will not take place until all has been resolved. Any attempts to steal the fish will be punishable by exile, and guards will be surveilling the island 24/7. The exact whereabouts of the fish will not be revealed to the public, but to the owners alone.
Thank you.”

Mithrandir watched as his father was given a medal and brought to the stage to give a commencement speech on the accomplishment. To tell the story and embellish the details. He would depart as he got to part about Mithrandir wrestling with the beast for “hours” underwater.

In the days that followed, Mithrandir and Artemis’s life changed greatly as the fame of that catch had caused them to have constant harrassment, or friendly company as you could call it, non stop. They were followed and watched when they went out each morning for the morning catch, they were given free materials from the docking shops nearby, and spoken about in their small community upon the island for days. Soon, however, it began to become a bit more of a danger and an annoyance, as soon they began to come home everyday with crowds around their home, awaiting their arrival for questions and pleas. When Mithrandir would come home and find the house broken into and Kora tied up and blindfolded, the time for a change would come. It was around the same time that the deed for the fish was signed, that they would move homes, and decide to restructure their work schedule. Mithrandir would stay with Kora in the mornings, since that was when thieves were actually most likely to come. And then he would take the evening shift alone in place of Artemis. They would make a small cottage near their “police” station and would keep their whereabouts a secret, gaining them privacy in the weeks to come. Once the deed was signed, however, it was time form Mithrandir and Artemis to take a few days to deliberate and decide what would be done.

“The Mizukage himself set the price at 500 million ryo. That is enough to set us for life…” Mithrandir said, as the three sat at the breakfast table in their small, wooden home. Artemis and Kora sat silent, Artemis seemingly distressed within himself.

“With all the poor on our island, we could reshape everything. Bring more food in, more business, and even greater quality fishing equipment for everyone.” Mithrandir continued. He was trying to throw out suggestions he thought were helpful, his parents seemingly without a clue of what to say. Finally, Artemis looked up and spoke.

“Kenta… You have served me very well these three years you have been with us. Son, you have shown courage, humility and respect that has been admired by all around us. We have done our best, but are unable to provide for you the necessary environment and opportunities that you need to realize all of the potential that lies within you. I want… I want to be able to do that for you, and I am going to, with the money we have from this fish.”

Artemis’s eyes got very small, yet striking as he stared dead bolt into the eyes of Mithrandir. The young man was touched, yet perplexed at the words his father spoke. “Father you’ve given me everything. I lack nothing, and am happy on the island. I was born to be a fisherman, you said it yourself.”

Artemis choked up in slight anger. “No!”. He stared at Mithrnadir.

“You were made to be so much more, Kenta. So much more. When I found you, that night, on the shore… You were God’s present to me. Kora and I lost a son at sea twenty years ago. A terrible accident on a ship he was on coming from main Kirigakure back to our island. The last conversation I had with him we argued. The ship returned, but my son was not on it. I never saw my boy again. Not even a body… Every morning and night I searched for him and never found him. And then… one night. I come out, and there you are! Lying upon the shore. You are truly heaven sent.”

Tears now streamed from the old man’s creased eyes, Mithrandir taking his hand on the table and squeezing it.

“You have no memory of anything that happened to you before that night. It eats away at you every day. I see it in your eyes during the morning watch, the evening pulls, and even at supper. You desire to know your origin, your true pare-” Mithrandir cut him off. “You are my true parents.” he spoke clamly.

Artemis nodded, grabbing the boy’s hand. “You must go and find out where you are from and why you are here. I do not know what that journey will look like, or where you will end up. But I do know where you will begin.”

Mithrandir raised his left eyebrow in confusion. “What of it father?”

Artemis took a deep breath.

“While I sailed to the governmental facilities in mian Kiri to sign my patent for the fish, I traveled also to the mountains. A place my father visited frequently when I was a boy. There are temples there, Kenta. Places where men of great spiritual power discern and discover truths and powers all about us. I believe they can help you. I spoke to them about your situation, and that I would be willing to pay for you to stay and live there to learn from their sages. They said that you would have to be assessed and gave me a price quote should you be accepted into their private academy. They are not money driven, and their society is private and quiet. Small and unassuming. They, however, are very powerful. They will help you discover yourself in ways no one on this island, including myself, ever could. You deserve that much. You will go, Kenta, And you will make us proud, my son.”

Mithrandir arose and left out of the door.

Gone for about ten minutes, he stood outside his home in the small wood outside their home, Kora coming behind him and rubbing his back slightly as he stood staring into the distance.

“You are afraid, Kenta. Every man… deep down, is afraid. You must be strong, my love. Your father wants the best for you, and is willing to anything to see you succeed in reaching your full potential.”

Mithrandir nodded, speechless. He returned, soon, to the house with his mother, his father still at the table. Sitting down, they calmly decided a date for his departure, and made preparations for his leave in a week. He chose not to argue with Artemis, seeing his passion and belief. How could he not comply? He did want to know so many things, and had so many questions he felt no one could possibly answer. In the week that followed, he would say goodby to a few of his friends, including a slight love interest, who showed no emotion to his departure, unable to allow herself to show how much she would miss him.
The night of his departure, he loaded his things upon the boat, and gave his father and mother a hug that lasted an eternity. Promising his father to be strong, and taking with him an entrusted necklace (an heirloom), he loaded upon it and head toward main Kirigakure, in search of the monks.
Back to top Go down

The Traveler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Age of the Past :: Land of Water :: Land of Water Borders-
Jump to: