Naruto Age of the Past
Fixing up the Rules IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
Fixing up the Rules IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Age of the Past

Join Naruto Age of the Past where you travel back in time before the legendary Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju were even born. This is the forum to go to.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fixing up the Rules

Go down 
+2
Nocturne
Psychosis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Psychosis
Academy
Psychosis

Fixing up the Rules Empty
PostSubject: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Okay, so basically, there are a lot of problems with the rules, and Id like to fix them. This topic is going to allow ANYONE, even normal members, to point out problems in the rules, whether they contradict each other or if they are just plain unfair/stupid. This way we can also keep track of what has changed, so feel free to post links and describe whats wrong with the rules in this topic.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Academy
Nocturne

Character sheet
Character Name: Izumo
Clan: Uchiha
Element: Katon

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Apologizing in advance for my rant.

1. Add clarity to the Sharingan rules.
- Looking through past topics I noticed a few Uchihuahua simply pulled each others eyes out for trade without medical skill.
- Fushoku uses a genjutsu to unlock to unlock Palace's third tomoe and mangekyou in one post (two paragraphs). If there was more development in the thread, I feel it could be possible. The thread in question, "Daddy Issues", felt pretty lackluster.
- From my understanding, activation of the Mangekyou sharingan itself does not pose significant stress on eyes to cause blindness. It is only stated that use of MS abilities lead to blindness. I think 120 posts cap on MS is fine but there should be an additional drawback if those abilities overused back to back. Sasuke's vision reduced to a heavy blur after 15 uses (I counted), which would be far too less breathing room.

2. Stat Rules feels very much incomplete. If my character doesn't use puppetry, why must I have to force points into it? Also add some clarity to Jutsu Knowledge and "Ninjutsu and Kinjutsu" stats, as it was more confusing than helpful. Adding a kenjutsu stat would be beneficial so there aren't a bunch of Kiritos and Killer Bees running around.
Back to top Go down
Palace
Special Jounin
Palace

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:57 am

Taika beat me to the Bijuu and eight gates thing. Susano'o as well. If someone pulled out a Susano'o or went beast mode on me, I'd be happy that I'd have a bigger target.

A lot of the stats seem pointless. Mental Sharpness, Everything in Chakra except for Chakra Capacity. Also the system just doesn't make People seem like they're specialized in a certain area. They're just slightly better at one thing than another.

I think we're allowed way to many limited slots per character. I think it should just be limited to a clan thing, and one move. Don't get me wrong, I understand what this Forum is, it's just silly really.

The way bloodlines works freaks me out. People trade organs like trading cards. People give away their clan's most treasured abilities for almost no reason. Everyone is just a strange frankenmonster, and why not? There's no down side.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Back to top Go down
Pain
Academy
Pain

Character sheet
Character Name: Rikaro Uchiha
Element: Wind, Water, Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 am

Actually your only allowed 6 limited for ever char so I have 5 on Rikaro and 1 on Sorin so I can't get anymore. Note: a only a Example.

And yeah Susano'o is kinda weak now I'm sure anyone can one shot it
Back to top Go down
https://narutoageofthepast.rpg-board.net
Leon Star
Academy
Leon Star

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:36 am

Umm

1. I think mention of how to get a bijuu properly should be listed in the bijuu section, current issues are that the dice roll is not mentioned at all, it only states having to do an increased quality character application.
2. I agree with the "chakra" stat rule and the information on the mental knowledge stuff, in my opinion it doesnt really make sense having a "stat" to decide on how quick your character can process thoughts, as well as having it strange that the chakra stat itself covers ninjutsu etc. My proposal would be thought very common on sites a tier based system on Specialities such as ninjutsu, medical etc. Specialities are meant to be tough to learn, it also makes it incredibly power hungry allowing every person to have abilities in every spec.
3. Information on Kenjutsu abilities and taijutsu would be great, i don't know whether its just me but the current stat system doesnt really cover these specialities at all imo.
4. I know im new so unlike the rest im not used to such a system but having the ability to gain six limited jutsu is way to much as well as allowing six transplanted kkg and two jutsu, thats just asking for it. I mean it makes characters to well rounded or overpowering, take a look at the canon characters who had superior techniques, they utilized them in a way that revolved around the character it wasnt just a OH i have this but also a billion other shizz. [unless your uchiha]. I mean Kakuza revolved around his abilities with EGF, Tsunade around her medical prowess and creation rebirth. The uchiha as op as they are revolved around the use of the sharingan and evolution of it. The only person who really fully understood and managed to pull off multiple kekki genkais and abilities was Kabuto and again that was revolved around via his characteristic and medical ability. Characters should be unique and special not all devoted on who can get the most kekki genkai and who can get the rinnegan or who can have EVERYTHING, it in my opinion feels slightly cheap and makes the power play a huge portion of a site.

Back to top Go down
Pain
Academy
Pain

Character sheet
Character Name: Rikaro Uchiha
Element: Wind, Water, Earth

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 am

Seriously Sage Mode is so UP it is meant to enhance the user when it only mJes them weaker
Back to top Go down
https://narutoageofthepast.rpg-board.net
Yutaka Nagakura
Special Jounin
Yutaka Nagakura

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 4:49 am

The use for armor is a little vague.
Back to top Go down
Yutaka Nagakura
Special Jounin
Yutaka Nagakura

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 6:20 am

Now the site needs fixed... All the buttons are removed..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing up the Rules   Fixing up the Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixing up the Rules
Page 1 of 1