Naruto Age of the Past
Arcanis Arrives IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
Arcanis Arrives IxCAs2G
Naruto Age of the Past
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Age of the Past

Join Naruto Age of the Past where you travel back in time before the legendary Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju were even born. This is the forum to go to.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arcanis Arrives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcanis Lord of Time
Academy
Arcanis Lord of Time

Arcanis Arrives Empty
PostSubject: Arcanis Arrives   Arcanis Arrives EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 1:45 pm

The forest drew itself in around Arcanis as he walked through the glade.  It was a beautiful day outside the forest, but here the air was filled with a charge of danger.  If Arcanis was the feelings type of man he ould have a smile on his face.  He loved adventure and the thrill of danger.  Arcanis wore his robes on this excursion.  The robes were ornate, long and flowing.  They had little purpose other than to mask his identity, even though the robes of a mage clearly pointed them out as a mage.  Under his robes he wore black shoes, black pants, and a black sleeveless shirt. He kept his hair either loose around his head or in a ponytail to keep it away from his face.  Today it was loose.  His skin is toned from his love of the outdoors, spending most of his time on the roof of his tower which he built. Bright green eyes would give his face an attractive look if it wasn't for the permanent scowl he always wore.  Arcanis loved black.  it suited him.  He usually kept his hands in his pocket and seemed to stare off into the sky when not engaged in something.  he carried a silver pocket watch with him at all times.  it was his fathers.  he had been given it the day his father had died. he was told that this watch had been passed down the Uzumaki tree since the beginning and that it was important.

Arcanis doesn't like people. Everything is a tool to be manipulated. Fear, revenge, hatred these things are always on Arcanis's mind.  Arcanis doesn't have a lot of friends.  Nobody seemed to like his attitude.  He didn't care.  All those people would just get in the way of his goal. A girl once tried to reach out to him.  What was her name?  Didn't matter because Arcanis didn't care.  The girl left his memory the same way everything did that didn't make him stronger or more deadly.  Erin?  Arcanis wasn't sure why he was trying to remember this girl.  The one with the beautiful smile.  Arcanis shook his head and walked deeper into the forest.  He soon found that he had lost his way.  Walking one way only to find he was back in the same place.  He walked in circles for quite a long time.  As a Wizard he could tell the forest was saturated in magic.  A deep seated untouchable anceint magic.  He didn't even attempt to try and alter it.  He just enjoyed the peacefull walk through the lost woods.  After hours Arcanis treked throught the underbrush and soon caght a reflected beam of light off something in the distance.  You see Arcanis wasn't here on accident.  He was here because of a legend.  It was said that there existed a sword of amazing power in this forest.  One that controlled even the passage of time.  Arcanis reached the clearing and saw a blade sticking out of a stone pedestal.  Some legends called the blade The Master Sword others called it Excaliber.  Every iteration in the texts he read claimed the sword was magical and possessed enormous power.  He had read stories of this blade since he was a kid.  Arcanis didn't have a very easy or happy childhood.  Arc's parents were killed on the first day of his  mage academy training by a bomb planted in their house. Everyone was surprised when he showed up to school the next day.  His eyes red and face streaked from tears he vowed that when his tears dried he would no longer morn but to become stronger.  School was a bore.  He would go to class take his tests and go home and focus on learning magic.  He did nothing but train and study.  He had no time for anything else.  He completed the Academy the same way he did everything else since his parents passed... silently.  Arcanis spoke rarely mainly to tell insistent people that he wasn't interested.  The kids eventually learned to leave him alone.  One of the girls in his class tried to get close to him even though he regularly ignored her.  Her name was Erin and for some reason she thought it was her duty to make him likable.  He didn't change.  She eventually stopped talking to him.  When they graduated the academy she had kissed him, but he grimaced and glared at her.  How dare she try to get close to him.  Did she want to end up dead too?  They were placed on different job assignments and never spoke again.  As an apprentice mage Arcanis was ruthless.  The job came first, then only his will mattered. Arcanis beleived that manipulation and intelligence was the only way to survive.  He became widely known throughout the Kindom and soon worked his way up the ranks.  His silence and observational skills soon turned to wisdom and he lost his cold edge.  He did become more excepting of others.  Soon he found a friend in the current King of the land and Arcanis learned to like people again.  He was now on a personal quest to find this sword.

The blade shone bright in the ray of light that peirced the canopy of trees striking the pedestal directly.  The entire woods seemed to hold this small glade as a mother would her child and the Pedestal in the center gave off a powerful sense of magic.  Arcanis seemed almost drawn to the blade.  Gripping the sword he wondered if her would even be able to draw it from the stone.  The question was dissmissed as the blade slid easily from it's ancient home.

Suddenly Arcanis was surrounded by magic.  The whole forest was bestowing it's magical power on him in the casting of an ultimate spell.  He knew only one such ultimate spell but this one was far more complex.  Suddenly Arcanis stood before a huge black door.  The forest had fallen away and the entire world was just a wash of white.  The doors opened and Arcanis was hit by a powerful force.  “WHO DARES ADDRESS ME.  YOU PUNY HUMAN REMOVE YOURSELF FROM MY PRESENCE AT ONCE”  the voice was dripping with malice and the sword in Arc's hand became heavy.  Arcanis adjusted his grip and steeled his will.  “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT CAN SPEAK TO ME, ARCANIS THE EXAULTED, IN SUCH A MANNER?”  Arcanis growled back at the power coming from beyond the gate.  “HUMAN I COULD KILL YOU IN ONE SWIPE AND EAT YOU TILL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT.”

Arcanis brandished his sword preparing his soul for this encounter.  The beast would not kill him this day.  “SO YOU CHOOSE TO FIGHT?..... HOHOHO FINE!”

The world rocked as the enormous power emerged from the darkness inside the door.  A massive red Fox with 9 lashing tails stood before Arcanis.  One of it's shining teeth was the same height as the powerful mage that stood before him.  'this is true power' Arcanis thought.  Hefting his sword arcanis said a string of draconic words pulling power from the chaos around him.  Invisible tatoos began to glow on his face and hands.  His eyes glowed and gave off an aura of power.  “SOOO YOU ARE NO MERE HUMAN AFTER ALL.”  The blade in Arc's hand ceased being heavy and became a part of his being.  “NO I AM NOT”

The battle raged for days.  The blade in Arc's hand granted him the power to contest the massive beast and the knowledge of magic gave him the advantage.  After 6 days of fighting the Monterous beast became still.  “Arcanis? Hmm?  Fine I will allow you to be my host and pass through to this world.  But you have to become powerful fast....or this world will kill you.  I am deeming you somewhat worthy.... don't make me regret my decision.”  the fox growled this in a more respetful tone than Arcanis thought it was capable of.  But only slightly. The voice was still filled with hate and rage.  Arcanis was unable to ask questions as the beasts seemed to dissolve and black threads with black hands on them lashed out of the door and grabbed Arcanis, pulling him into the door.

Arc found himself sitting in the forest again....though the magic was gone as was all the magic around him.  He stood and attempted to cast several spells to no avail.  His power... all of it was gone.  “not all of it”  a voice in his head said.  Suddenly his body felt hot, white hot.  An energy source inside him blessed his body with a cloak of energy.  Looking down at his hand he could even see the bubbling energy as it coated him.  “This is my power.  As you are my host I suppose I could lend it to you until you have power enough to keep your own puny body alive.”  the demon fox said to him.  Arc flexed his newfound power striking out at the tree near him.  He was surprised to see a tail flick out of the energy.  It resembled the tail of the demon fox he had just spent days fighting.  The tail ripped through the tree like paper.  Arc looked down at the sword in his hand and at his other hand that held a pulsing strength.  He would need to become strong again.  But he had the tools to do it.

The explosion had destroyed his house. His tears mixed with the dirt on his face as he lay on the floor crying. He was only 12 and his parents had been killed in a random bombing. Arcanis sat there curled up on the cold ground heaving, unable to breathe. 'Why bother' a dark voice deep inside his mind whispered. The fire squad took him away but he ran away when he had the chance. Nothing was going to tear him away from his parents. He returned to his house recalling the final thing his father had said to him that morning. His father had given him a pocket watch and told him that he was the heir to some mysterious legacy. His father looked distant before telling him that everything he was learning in school had a purpose and that everything his father had taught him was important. Arcanis walked to the shed behind his house. Pieces of his house were embedded into the side of the shed causeing the door to stick as he pulled on it. The shed had been important. His father brought him to the shed for every important lessen he was taught. This shed was important to Arcanis. He had learned manners here. He had learned not to be mean to the village girls here. He had learned responsibility and also how to set a bait here. This shed was his and his fathers meeting ground. Arcanis sat on the hard ground of the shed in front of the stool his father always sat on. Arcanis wept himself to sleep.

The first light of morning woke Arcanis to the frigid morning air. As he tried to huddle in the corner he felt the slightest hint of a flow of warm air from the corner. Upon inspection Arcanis noticed an indentation in the shape of his family crest on the floor. He knew his father was about to teach him one last lesson. He pressed the watch that his father gave him into the cest and twisted it hearing the sound of tubler triggering. He threw open the trap door only to find a bunch of papers and books. He picked up the one closest to him. “Hedatari” was the only word on the outside of the book. Arcanis realized what he had found. He had been a good student his whole life. His next lesson was one taught by a teacher long gone. The lesson of his clan. He opened the book and read for hours until he had finished the book and it was time to go to school. Today he was different though. He felt energy surge around him. Today he was a new person.

Arc awoke in the forest where he had fallen asleep and dreamed of his childhood.  He reached into his pocket and pulled the silver pocket watch out and looked at it.  “What is that?”  The fox in his head asked.  “An heirloom of my families.  It taught me many things growing up.  It is the last thing my father gave me.  Do you have anything that is precious to you, Grumpy?”  Arcanis chuckled at the nick name he gave to the angry demon in his head.  It was strange though the demon fox speaking to him in his head.  Arcanis recalled that he thought he had another voice in his head when he was younger.

____

The boy fell to the floor in front of Arcanis. The fight was over. Arcanis has beaten the boy soundly. He didn't even deserve recognition from Arcanis. 'He's not worth your attention' Arcanis thought to himself. The voice in his head seemed to get stronger as he did. Many times Arcanis thought to was someone else. He tried talking to the voice in his head on a couple occasions. Unfortunately he was never answered.

“Arcanis your phase magic seems to be in top form today. ” the boy was attempting to bond over the match they just had. “You're not worth my time.” Arcanis replied to the young boy. He walked away from the boy before he could respond. He had training to do. The books his father had left him had been informative but vague. Only someone who had gone through his fathers lessons would be able to decipher the strange turns of phrase that he had grown up with. It was as if his father had been teaching him a code his whole life. Arcanis took several tennis balls to the gym. The Gym was always deserted at this time of day. It was fine though because Arcanis didn't want to be disturbed.  The voice in his head seemed to continue to grow whenever he was in a position of power.  Arc was worried he was developing a mental disease.  He had to suppress his power all the time as to not disturb the other mages.

In his bouts in school he didn't want to show off his skills to the other kids. Arcanis tossed the balls into the air and one by one as they bounced he would open a teleportation magic circle under them and have the other side drop the ball from much higher up. This caused the ball to bounce higher. He continued this process with each of the balls, juggling them without even touching them. Suddenly the door opened behind him. Arcanis spun around to face the intruder but his hand caught his Teleportation magic circle disrupting the edge. As the Teleportation magic circle destabilized the energies of the Teleportation magic circle tore into his hand. It didn't cause much damage but it really hurt. He almost felt bad for the kid he beat up. Almost. Because now it was the kid coming to annoy him. “Go away. I don't have time for you.” Arcanis said turning away from the boy. He was taken off guard when the boy attacked him from behind. “you lousy little punk making me look bad in front of our teacher.” The boy was furious. Arcanis wished he could remember his name. Arcanis picked himself off the floor and took a deep breath. He thought it was very odd that this kid had been so nice in class but so mean right now. “It's time you stop thinking your so high and mighty.” The boy rushed at Arcanis swinging his fist hard. Arcanis was ready for him though. As the punch fell Arcanis opened a portal in front of him. Just like the tennis balls except instead of high above the floor, Arcanis formed his exit next to the floor. The result was a howling cry from the boy who attacked him as he had broken his hand on the floor next to him. Arcanis punched the boy in the jaw. He could feel all the vigorous training he had given his body as he lifted the boy off his feet. Arc's bloodlust lashed out in his mind and he realized that it had been himself speaking in his head all along.  The little wuss landed on his back unconscious. Arcanis walked from the room gripping his hand.

Arcanis Looked down at his hand as he walked quietly through the forest.  It had been a long time ago but his hand still held a strange scar where he had messed up his magic.  The blade in his hand reminded him of another memory.  “So Fox.  Did you ever know your parents?  Do you even have parents?”  “I have a father.  He created me and my siblings.”  arc listened to the demon talk about his father and what the world used to be like.  Arc was surprised it even opened up like it did.  He looked down at the sword in his hand and remembered a lesson his father taught him once.

Arcanis bought a sword for the next part of his lessons. His father had taught him a great deal of sword handling but it seemed that his father had kept secrets. He had his fathers katana that was retrieved from the wreckage of his families house. It was an heirloom and now a priceless keepsake to Arcanis. With his new sword he began practicing the forms his father had shown him. He drew the sword close to his body guiding it along his body to become accustomed to the contour of his body.

“When striking an enemy your sword becomes fully extended.” His father stood before him pointing a training wooden sword at him showing the extended arms. “when you defend, you defend close to your body to focus your muscle power.” his father brought the sword in close demonstrating the proper form. His father raised his sword to begin their training. Arcanis saluted his father the way he was taught. Then he lunged at his father who turned his blade aside easily. His father counter attacked. The stroke was not fast but the power was felt as Arcanis blocked with his own sword. “Remember when you fight it requires less energy to turn an attack aside than to block the attack entirely.”

Arcanis continued to walk in silence.  “My Name is Kurama.”  the voice in his head said suddenly.  “Kurama huh?”  Arc smiled and he could feel the smile of the sharp toothed fox in his head.  They were an odd team but none the less they would work together to become the greatest power this world has ever seen.

Next thing to do was to find a place to build camp.  Arc would have to practice more to be able to restore some of his powers.  He needed some of his spells.  They would allow him to exist better in this new environment.  “Kurama what do you know of Magic?”  “I know nothing of Magic.”  This puzzled arcanis but he would have to figure out what this world was about and fast.

TWC: 3220

Training 3 tails V1
16 stats
Back to top Go down
Etro's Messenger
Special Jounin
Etro's Messenger

Arcanis Arrives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcanis Arrives   Arcanis Arrives EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Approved, too bad you didn't detail that battle though....
Back to top Go down

Arcanis Arrives
Page 1 of 1